So getting my work printed this year was no easy task, most difficult was getting to work with a printer that would oblige me in doing a colour check of my designs. When I went through this process last time, it was just a no goer and not as feasible as one might expect. This year, feasibility is better and given that I was able to print in Australia as I wanted, made this all the more enticing.
To be exact, every time I set my mind on printing the design line, I was torn between printing overseas where there is a possibility of piracy of artworks, huge freight charges, lengthy time restraints and then, trying to doing the whole thing in Australia - where print costs are higher, but I retain safety over my work. Of course, there is no substitute for safety and if this line is to be a homegrown hit, then one is forced to bite the bullet and wear the excess costs. This is pretty hard when one has no budget and runs a business on the smell of an oily rag - I sure hope we get funding for 2021 :)
Either way, we are moving forward and the line has started to move, which makes me extremely happy. So without further adieu, below is a quick video (as promised), to show you part of the process.
In staff writers contribute to the news and events at Sketa Oz. If you would like to write for us, let us know.