There is nothing like life to test our resilience. It prods at us with its hot iron - pushing us forward past the pain, past the difficulties, past the disbelief. It gives us reassurance when needed, direction when required and life skills to carry with us on our journey of survival.
It takes great courage, a huge sense of self worth and understanding to move forward - as each step is one of blind belief, in life’s plan. Staying the course carved out for you, can be trying - to say the least and without laying down your plan of stepping stones, it is easy to detour off course.
...But if you find time to ponder, time to reflect, time to rest, gather your strength and give thanks for all you have - life can be a blast! Humbly, you take everything at face value - learn from it and move on - to even greater things.
Everything we do in life, everything we learn throughout our schooling and into our tertiary education - even in the workplace - information has at some point been written, recorded and accessed through books. Whether they are physical or digital books; texts, manuals or procedures - the data has been saved for now and forever, for future generations to enjoy and access.
We are very much reliant on the process of recording the written word and without such, generations of people would not progress - could not push past the last generational successes, because they would always be reinventing the wheel.
We as a society - need researchers, educators, writers to keep knowledge and information current; and we need to pass down this art form to new generations so we continue to progress and push the boundaries. Instill a love of learning and literature; create a fervent passion to discover and absorb knowledge in your family.
Visit elk-publishing.com - support what we do, suggest or purchase a book for gifting.
Knowledge is the best gift you can give.
1. At the top of the list, has to be to meet friends and family you haven’t seen for ages. I know you’ll say, “I saw them at Xmas!” Yes, but did you have a great, big bash with long lost friends? There are only so many hours in a day. So, here’s your opportunity to catch up or to make amends because you’ve been a bit slack over the years.
2. If you haven’t already worked it out - it’s the party of the year – the New Year and who in their right minds would sleep through New Year? Well maybe you - last year, but it’s time to renew your dusty feathers and fly off to a wonderful party of infinite possibilities. I mean, if you’re up for it. Then, the third reason makes perfect sense.
3. A kiss under the remaining mistletoe; Auld Lang Syne; fireworks galore - while supping on a drink or two - surrounded by great, memorable company with lots of shared laughter is definitely the way to go. This has to be a draw card for anyone, right? You might even find the love of your life…
4. One might dust off the cobwebs, sharpen up the old pen - to work out what your New Year’s resolution might be - to point you toward greener pastures. You will be surrounded by like-minded individuals, who will therefore be keen to keep you accountable and on track. That means everything if you’re going to follow through, to keep your New Year’s resolution alive and kicking.
5. Not to mention, it’s a great opportunity to reflect on how your year went. What were the highlights and what were the lows? Congratulate yourself on jobs well done and give yourself a good talking to, if you haven’t quite come up to par – but don’t be too hard on yourself. One has to enjoy life along the way.
6. Give thanks for all your blessings and the warm, kind, considerate and loving people who support your life – in highs and the lows. Both are equally important, for without which we would not truly sample a full life. Our helpers bring validity to our burdens; cheer and celebrate our strength, resilience and success when life shares its fruits.
7. It is a night of celebrations – of who you are as an individual and as a human being; a night that tells the world you have survived and tasted another year of life’s treasures.
8. It is a time to celebrate your relationships - the friends you have been blessed to meet, the family you bore to cherish, and it is a time to thoughtfully remember those who have set sail for heavens pearly gates.
9. New Year holds an opportunity to rest and wind down. Yet, it is a period of renewed energy, hope and vigour when we can set our sights on new horizons, new goals or on the realisation of past ones.
10. It is time to say sorry to oneself. To say, “I didn’t get it right or everything done, but don’t sweat it because it’s a New Year and I promise to do better, be better than the year now fading.”
And you know, that’s all we can do - for we are all students of the greatest classroom on earth. We all sit life’s tests – some of us pass, some fail, some of us study hard, some of us fly by the seat of our pants, while others cheat the system - trying to find all the short cuts. Yet, at the end of the year we can only sigh and say, “Well that was interesting. I wonder what life will throw at me this year?”